Sunday 19 October 2014

My Love for all Life Forms: New Body of Work in Progress

Sharing a sneak peek of some of the works I have been working on lately inspired in plants. Watercolours are without a doubt one of my favourite mediums - it was my mother who introduced me to them since I was little. At my Antiguo Cuzcatlán house, I enjoyed painting natured inspired subjects especially aquariums and marine creatures which to this date are still predominantly present in my work. The Windsor & Newton watercolour set you see above were a special birthday present given to me by my parents a few years ago. Thanks to them for always supporting me in my creative and artistic endeavours.
My mother might no longer be with us but she is defintiely present in every brushtroke, colour and plant I paint. Through the yellow colour, I particularly see the love for all life forms, especially plants and animals, and the spirit of survival and fight my mother instilled in us. 
* Today is the the international day for breast cancer awareness and I dedicate this post to everyone who has lost one of their parents or a loved one in ther fight against cancer.
........................
Compartiendo un vistazo a algunos de los trabajos en los que he estado trabajando ultimamente inspirado en plantas. Las acuarelas son, sin lugar a dudas uno de mis medios predilectos - fue mi madre quien me introdujo a ellas desde mi infancia. Disfrutaba pintando en mi casa de Antiguo Cuzcatlán, elementos inspirados en la naturaleza especialmente acuarios y criaturas marinas las cuales hasta este día están predominantemente presentes en mi trabajo. El set de acuarelas Windsor & Newton que aparecen arriba, las atesoro miles, un regalo especial de cumpleaños de mis padres. Gracias a ellos por siempre apoyarme en mis emprendimientos creativos y artísticos.
Mi madre podrá ya no estar con nosotros pero está definitivamente presente en cada brochazo, cada color y planta que pinto. Particularmente en el color amarillo, veo y expreso el amor por todas las formas de vida, especialmente plantas y animales, y el espíritu de supervivencia y lucha que mi madre nos inculcó. 
* En el día mundial del cáncer de mama dedico este post a todos aquellos que han perdido a unos de sus padres o un ser querido en la lucha contra el cáncer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...